Monday, September 8, 2008

Long Time No See...

Hello to All!
Well, so, so, so much has happened since my last post. It ended up that I was unable to walk in the Avon Walk for Breast Cancer back in May, because my DH ended up having emergency sugery on his eye for a detached retina. If you don't already know, recovery for that surgery is 2 weeks FACE DOWN, 24/7. People who go thru that have to actually rent special medical equipment, similar to when you get a massage and your face rests on a u-shaped headrest. Thankfully, his eye was saved & he is fine.
But... backing up a bit. Before the Walk, I had committed to staying with my Mom & Dad in Virginia whilst my sister & her husband went on a much needed vaca to Captiva Island in Florida. While they were gone, things went pretty well, and normal. Then one day Mom (who is 87) woke up shivering uncontrollably and very weak and sick feeling.
I didn't know what else to do but call 911, since she was too weak to even walk out to the car. She was brought to the hospital and diagnosed with pneumonia, anemia, a UTI, and other things. She was in the right place, being in the hospital! Then, 2 days later my sis & bro-in-law came home. We spent the next couple of days visiting her @ the hosp., taking care of Dad (who was 95) at home, and just going back & forth like that.
Then the second day, when my sis & I were on our way home from the hosp., stopping @ the grocery store to get something for supper, we called Dad & got no answer. We were immediately worried, and called bro-in-law Roger to go check on him. (They are about 1/8 mile apart.)
We came home to find that Dad had fallen, and we called 911 AGAIN. He ended up breaking his hip, and underwent sugery.
Both Mom & Dad ended up in Rehab in the same room. After a few weeks, Mom came home. But not Dad. He tried hard, but couldn't get well.
Turns out, the screw they had put in his hip came loose. Poor guy was enduring all kinds of pain! He decided he wanted to try another surgery to fix the problem. Unfortunately, his blood pressure fluctuated wildly, and he was very unstable. That night my dear old Dad passed away. That was July 18th.
Since then, we've gone thru his wake & funeral. We came home & had my neice's (my brother's daughter) wedding on August 16th.
My brother's birthday Aug. 22, neices on Aug. 24th.
Then on Sept 1st, I turned 50, that weekend my middle daughter moved into her own apartment, then on the 4th....SHE turned 21!!!
On the 6th, was my Mom's birthday, and today, September 8th, my 16 year old son got his driver's liscence!!! Is there ENOUGH going on im my life??! LOL!
So, those are the reasons for being absent!
I have still been blurfing and learning so much... and LOVING it! I'm getting closer to when it's my turn! I hope to learn how to blog like the gals in the big league! LOL!!!!
Thanks for listening... I'll be back sooner this time, I promise!!

No comments: